Heart n Soul is marking its 30th birthday with its most important project to date - The Big 30. We are collecting stories and memories of Heart n Soul and learning disability culture from the last 30 years. These will be kept permanently in the London Metropolitan Archives and become the first official cultural history of people with learning disabilities in the UK.
The Heritage Lottery Fund have funded the first part of the project, The Big 30 Archive, but we are trying to raise another £50,000 to complete the project and share it as widely as possible through exhibitions and events around Deptford – and this is where you come in!
Fundraise for us!
Last year 10 people raised over £5,000 for Heart n Soul in the British 10k Run… this year we are looking for 30 people to fundraise for us. Heart n Soul have a limited number of places in this year’s run on Sunday 9 July, but if running isn’t your thing, we have a list of suggestions for other ways you could fundraise…
· Complete an obstacle course! Don’t mind getting muddy for a good cause? Take part in a Tough Mudder event
· Hold a bake sale or fundraising event – Just Giving have some great tips on how to throw a good bake sale
If you are interested in raising money for The Big 30, we have lots of tips and advice on how to fundraise effectively, so just let us know!
Give to The Big 30
You can also support Heart n Soul by making a donation to the project:
- Make a donation online to our JustGiving page
- Download a donation form in the 'How to donate' box in the top right hand corner of this page.
- Send a cheque or postal order to Heart n Soul. Our address is: The Albany, Douglas Way, London SE8 4AG
All donations can be Gift Aided. That means for every pound you give us, we can claim an extra 25p from HM Revenue and Customs, helping your donation go even further.
NEW: Heart n Soul shop
We have a brand new shop selling products created by our learning disabled artists and participants. All profits raised will go back into creating more products that we can share with you. To buy some of our products and for further information visit the shop .
If you have any complaints about our fundraising please click here to see our complaints procedure.